Sherwood Industries Ltd. Wood Limited Lifetime Warranty
Sherwood Industries Ltd. is the manufacturer of the Enviro line of heating products. At Sherwood Industries, our commitment to the highest level of quality and customer service is the most important thing we do. Each Enviro stove is built on a tradition of using only the finest materials and is backed by our Exclusive Lifetime Limited Warranty to the original purchaser. With Enviro, you’re not just buying a stove, you’re buying a company with years of unequalled performance and quality.
Limited Lifetime Warranty:
Under this warranty, Sherwood Industries Ltd. covers the stove body and accessories against defects in materials and workmanship, for part repair or replacement for the first seven (7) years and limited labour for the first two (2) years to the original purchaser. This Warranty covers: Firebox, Stainless Steel Secondary Air Tubes, Cabinet Sides, Ceramic baffle Baffle, Surround Panels, Pedestals, Legs, Ceramic Glass, Slider Control and Cast Iron Door Assembly against defects. Please see the exclusions and limitation section below as certain restrictions and exclusions apply to this warranty.
Limited Two (2) Year Warranty:
Under this warranty, Sherwood Industries Ltd. covers all electrical components against defects in materials and workmanship, for part repair or replacement for the first two (2) years and limited labour for the first two (2) years to the original purchaser. Please see the exclusions and limitation section below as certain restrictions and exclusions apply to this warranty.
Limited One (1) Year Warranty:
Under this warranty, Sherwood Industries Ltd. covers all exterior surface finishes against defects in materials and workmanship, for part repair or replacement and limited labour for the first year to the original purchaser. Please see the exclusions and limitation section below as certain restrictions and exclusions apply to this warranty.
How the Warranty Works
1. All warranties by the manufacturer are set herein and no claim shall be made against the manufacturer on any oral warranty or representation. All claims under this Limited Warranty must be made in writing by your dealer.
2. Any stove or part thereof that is repaired or replaced during the Limited Warranty period will be warranted under the terms of the Limited Warranty for a period not exceeding the remaining term of the original Limited Warranty or six (6) months, whichever is longer.
3. For any part or parts of this stove, which in our judgment show evidence of defects, Sherwood Industries Ltd. reserves the option to repair or to replace the defective product through an accredited distributor or agent, provided the defective part is returned to the distributor or agent, transportation prepaid, if requested. Sherwood Industries Ltd. may chose to buy back the item at the cost the dealer was invoiced.
4. If you discover a problem that you think may be covered by the Limited Warranty, you MUST REPORT it to your Enviro dealer WITHIN 30 DAYS, giving them proof of purchase and the date of purchase. The dealer will investigate the problem and work with Sherwood Industries Ltd. to determine whether the problem:
a) Is covered by the Limited Warranty or
b) Can be fixed in your home or does the product need to be returned to Sherwood Industries Ltd. for repair.
5. If Sherwood Industries Ltd. determines that the stove needs to be returned to Sherwood Industries Ltd. for repair, the customer has the responsibility and the expense of removing it from their home and shipping it to Sherwood Industries Ltd. If the problem is covered by the Warranty, Sherwood Industries Ltd. will replace the item at their discretion and the customer will be responsible for return shipping and re-installation in their home.
6. If the problem is not covered by the Limited Warranty, the customer will be responsible for all repair costs, as well as all storage, shipping and the cost of removing and re-installing the stove.
If you are not satisfied with the service provided by the Enviro dealer, write to Sherwood Industries Ltd. at the address listed on the last page of the Owner’s Manual. Include the date you bought the product and a description of the problem.
Exclusions and Limitations:
1. This Warranty does not cover tarnish, discoloration or wear on the plating or paint.
2. This Warranty does not cover gasket material.
3. A qualified installer must install this stove. This Limited Warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship only if the product has been installed in accordance with local building and fire codes; in their absence refer to the owner’s manual. If the product is damaged or broken as a result of any alteration, willful abuse, mishandling, accident, neglect, or misuse of the product, the Limited Warranty does not apply.
4. The stove must be operated and maintained at all times in accordance with the instructions in the Owner’s Manual. If the unit shows signs of neglect or misuse, it is not covered under the terms of this Warranty policy. Performance problems due to operator error will not be covered by the Limited Warranty policy.
5. As this is a heating appliance, some changes in colour of surface finishes may occur. This is not a flaw and as such is not covered under this warranty.
6. Some minor expansion, contraction, or movement of certain parts and resulting noise, is normal and not a defect and, therefore, is not covered under this Limited Warranty.
7. Misuse includes over-firing. This will result if the stove is used in such a way that one or more of the plates glows red. Over-firing can be identified later by warped plates and paint pigment being burnt off. Over-firing this appliance can cause serious damage and will nullify the Limited Warranty.
8. The Limited Warranty will cover glass thermal breakage only and will not cover misuse of the stove glass, including but not limited to:
a) Glass that is struck, has surface contaminates or has had harsh or abrasive cleaners used on it.
b) If the door is slammed or is closed while wood in the firebox is protruding out the stove opening thus striking the glass.
9. This warranty does not cover products made or provided by other manufacturers and used in conjunction with the operation of this stove without prior authorization from Sherwood Industries Ltd. The use of such products may nullify the Limited Warranty on this stove. If unsure as to the extent of this Limited Warranty, contact your authorized Enviro dealer before installation.
10. Sherwood Industries Ltd. will not be responsible for inadequate performance caused by environmental conditions.
11. The Limited Warranty does not cover installation and operational related problems such as use of downdrafts or spillage caused by environmental conditions. Environmental conditions include but are not limited to nearby trees, buildings, roof tops, wind, hills, mountains, inadequate venting or ventilation, excessive offsets, negative air pressures or other influences caused by mechanical systems such as furnaces, fans, clothes dryers etc.
12. The Limited Warranty does not cover damage caused by burning salt-saturated wood, corrosive driftwood, chemically treated wood or any fuel not recommended in the Owner’s Manual (use cord wood only).
The Limited Warranty is void if:
a) The stove has been operated in atmospheres contaminated by chlorine, fluorine or other damaging chemicals.
b) The stove is subject to submersion in water or prolonged periods of dampness or condensation.
c) Any damage to the unit, combustion chamber or other components due to water, or weather damage which is the result of, but not limited to, improper chimney/venting installation.
d) Salt air in coastal areas or high humidity can be corrosive to the finish; these environments can cause rusting. Damage caused by salt air or high humidity is not covered by the Limited Warranty.
13. Exclusions to the Limited Warranty include: injury, loss of use, damage, failure to function due to accident, negligence, misuse, improper installation, alteration or adjustment of the manufacturer’s settings of components, lack of proper and regular maintenance, alteration, or act of God.
14. The Limited Warranty does not cover damage caused to the stove while in transit. If this occurs, do not operate the stove and contact your courier and/or dealer.
15. The Limited Warranty does not extend to or include paint, door or glass gaskets or firebricks damage caused by normal wear and tear, such as paint discoloration or chipping, worn or torn gaskets, chipped or cracked firebrick, etc.
16. The Limited Warranty does not include damage to the unit caused by abuse, improper installation, or modification of the unit.
17. Damage to plated surfaces caused by fingerprints, scratches, melted items, or other external scores and residues left on the plated surfaces from the use of abrasive cleaners or polishes is not covered in this warranty.
18. The Limited Warranty does not cover tarnish, discoloration or wear on the plated surfaces.
19. Sherwood Industries Ltd. is free of liability for any damages caused by the stove, as well as inconvenience expenses and materials. The Limited Warranty does not cover incidental or consequential damages.
20. The Limited Warranty does not cover any loss or damage incurred by the use or removal of any component or apparatus to or from the Enviro stove without the express written permission of Sherwood Industries Ltd. and bearing a Sherwood Industries Ltd. label of approval.
21. Any statement or representation of Enviro products and their performance contained in Enviro advertising, packaging literature, or printed material is not part of the Limited Warranty.
22. The Limited Warranty is automatically voided if the stove’s serial number has been removed or altered in any way. If the stove is used for commercial purposes, it is excluded from the Limited Warranty.
23. No dealer, distributor, or similar person has the authority to represent or warrant Enviro products beyond the terms contained within the Limited Warranty. Sherwood Industries Ltd. assumes no liability for such warranties or representations.
24. Sherwood Industries Ltd. will not cover the cost of the removal or re-installation of the stove, hearth, facing, mantels, venting or other components.
25. Labour to replace or repair items under this Limited Warranty will be covered per our warranty service fee reimbursement schedule. Labour rates are set per component and as such total labour costs may not be covered.
26. Sherwood Industries Ltd. is not liable for freight or labour on any stove replaced in-field and is not liable for travel costs for service work. In the event of in-home repair work, the customer will pay any in-home travel fees or service charges required by the Authorized Dealer.
27. At no time will Sherwood Industries Ltd. be liable for any consequential damages which exceed the purchase price of the unit. Sherwood Industries Ltd. has no obligation to enhance or modify any stove once manufactured (example: as a stove evolves, field modifications or upgrades will not be performed).
28. This Limited Warranty is applicable only to the original purchaser and it is non-transferable.
29. This warranty only covers Enviro products that are purchased through an authorized Enviro dealer.
30. If for any reason any section of the Limited Warranty is declared invalid, the balance of the warranty remains in effect and all other clauses shall remain in effect.
31. The Limited Warranty is the only warranty supplied by Sherwood Industries Ltd., the manufacturer of the stove. All other warranties, whether express or implied, are hereby expressly disclaimed and the purchaser’s recourse is expressly limited to the Limited Warranty.
32. Sherwood Industries Ltd. and its employees or representatives will not assume any damages, either directly or indirectly, caused by improper usage, operation, installation, servicing or maintenance of this stove.
33. Sherwood Industries Ltd. reserves the right to make changes without notice. Please complete and mail the warranty registration card and have the installer fill in the installation data sheet in the back of the manual for warranty and future reference.
34. Sherwood Industries Ltd is responsible for stocking parts for a maximum of seven (7) years after discontinuing the manufacture or incorporation of the item into its products. An exception to this would be if an OEM supplier is not able to supply a part.